The Sims 4 Funeral Service Event
Tested for patch 1.86
Do you want to give your deceased Sims a proper goodbye? With the Funeral Service Event you can help their friends and family deal with the loss.
The following types of Sims can be invited
- Deceased: One or more ghost Sims for whom the funeral takes place. They will also show up to the event. And pets can have funerals too!
- Host: The active household Sim that will be responsible for giving the eulogy for the deceased.
- Guest: Friends and family that want to share their grief.
The main event goal is to give a eulogy for the deceased Sim(s). This is a new interaction that is available on the urn or tombstone of the deceased while the event is running. For this reason you will need the urn or tombstone to host a successful funeral service.
For the minor goals some food and coffee or tea will be helpful.
The event can be initiated by
- young adults
Compatible venues are
- residential lots
- generic lots
Additionally I fixed the mourning interactions so that mourning will actually have a noticeable effect on your Sim’s sadness.
No packs required.
I added a German translation. All other languages will use the English texts (so far). Since I added a bunch of strings I’m not really comfortable with using automatic translations, but if anyone would like to provide translations for their languages I’d be happy to add it (and give credit of course).
Unzip and drag both the package file and the script file into your Sims 4 Mods directory (not more than one folder deep).
Most parts of this mod are completely new and do not override any game resources. The only exceptions are the mourning interactions, so if you use another mod that changes how mourning works it will be in conflict with this mod.
Made with Sims 4 Studio
Thanks a lot to JaneSimsten for helping to test this mod <3
My mods are published under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) license.
If you share my mod please link back to this upload.
- Custom Content This is the addition of player-made clothing or objects to the game. Sometimes just referred to in The Sims community as “CC”.
- Game Mods: These are Mods that add features or change functionality of the game. These Mods may include script code, but not always.
- Mods: A blanket term referring to any player-made content for the game—this includes both Custom Content and Game Mods.
- Enable Mods via the options panel : The setting can be found in “Options > Other > Enable Custom Content and Mods.” and Restart the game
Credit : flauschtrud