Farmland Mod Pack
What is The Sims 4 – Farmland ?
The theme of the pack is… you guessed it, Farming! It contains a new semi-open world, new animals, gameplay, and even a story mode!
Make George’s dream come true by taking over his farm! He will help in this wonderful adventure: becoming a farmer in Eden Hills.
What is included ?
There are many new gameplay features! And a new world! But in order to work properly, this pack requires you to own two expansion packs : Cats and Dogs & Seasons
Here are all the new features explained down below.
A New Semi-Open World
Welcome to Eden Hills! A new semi-open world that is going to replace a neighbourhood of your game called Sable Square (in Brindleton Bay). More than this, if you use my World Edit mod, it is completely customizable!
But… what is a semi-open world?
If you have played with my last project called Brookheights, you have seen how you could visit special places outside of the lot you are playing with, without the use of a loading screen! This was called an Open-World.
What is the difference here?
A semi-open world is a mix between my first project and how the worlds work currently in The Sims 4. You still have 5 lots in the world, visible from the map view, that work exactly like you’d expect them too. But! There is now a huge open area around all these lots, filled with special locations that I call Open Venues. You will be able to explore freely all these locations, without the need to go through a loading screen, from the farms & fields area to the town centre!
What is inside this new world called Eden Hills?
Here are all the venues and locations you can go to in Eden Hills without any loading screen:
- The farms and fields : This huge area gives you enough space to create and build up your farming activities! This open area is bigger than five entire 64×64 lots combined together! You will be able to grow some crops and raise animals in this area. This area is divided in Pieces of Land you can buy to expand your farm!
- George’s House : Next to the fields, you can find George’s house! You can go visit him anytime you want (still without a loading screen!). He is in his house most of the time, so go to him and ask for advice and help! I am sure he will be happy to help you… You might also discover more about his story and the secrets of Eden Hills.
- The Horse Ranch : Welcome to the ranch! Where you can adopt and befriend horses, and even hop on their back to travel around the world! You can even go on a calm walk on the Promenade next to the mountains!
- The Farmer’s Market (built by Sati) : The farmer’s market is the best place for you to sell your fresh produce! It’s also a nice place to socialize with friends and family, and even buy what the other townies crafted themselves!
- The Supermarket : Go to the supermarket to purchase everything you need for your daily activities! You need fresh vegetables? Rare seeds? Toys for the kids? That’s the place to be! You can even sell your own produce at the supermarket on one of the display counters!
- The City Hall : The City Hall is a very useful place to deal with all your administrative tasks. You can vote for the neighbourhood action plans there, find work, or even register for a farmer’s licence. Be careful though, Annia Landgraab works there and she is not easy with farmers… She really IS her aunt’s niece. Make it make sense?
- The Love Temple : Need a cute and romantic place for your sims to marry? Say no more! The one and only Love Temple is the perfect venue for this purpose! Located in the town centre, it has witnessed the most iconic weddings, like George and Adele for example.
- The Bank : What if you need a little extra money to adopt more animals or even buy a new piece of land to expand you farming activities? Well the bank is here to help you! (The loan payment system requires The Sims 4 – Discover University, but you can still use it and use cheats to repay the money if you don’t own this pack).
- The Jazz Bar : If you want to hangout with your friends on a Saturday night, you can go to the Jazz Bar in the city centre! It’s opened every night until Time to hit the dance floor!
- The Graveyard : A quiet place where your sims can rest after they pass away. Great views on the Mountains and the Countryside, cheap rent, totally recommend!
Farming and New Animals!
How does the farming work?
Once you meet George and get your farmer’s licence at the City Hall, you are ready to go! With the new Farming and Gardening Skill and the Farmer Aspiration, you will be able to become the best farmer in the world!
Buy pieces of land, step by step, to expand the area of your farm (up to the size of five entire 64×64 lots). You can do farming activities on these pieces of land!
- Grow Some Crops : You can grow some massive scale crops in this area! Fruits, vegetables, herbs,or even the seeds of your choice, grow the plants you want to have in a large scale! And use the tractor to help you plant them all at once, the water pipes to irrigate, the anti-insects emitter to protect your beloved plants, or even a Greenhouse to protect them from the effects of the seasons or the weather. You can then sell all these produce from your inventory directly, at the farmer’s market or at the supermarket!
Adopt NEW ANIMALS, and give them all the love you can to raise them in your farming area!
You cannot harvest any animal for their meat, nor kill them. You can sell them to another farm if you don’t want to take care of them anymore.
You can take care of an UNLIMITED amount of animals and give a unique name to each one of them. All species provide a produce to collect. Here are the details:
- Cows : When you buy a piece of Land, you can choose to raise animals in this area. So if you choose to raise cows, you will be able to collect milk from them on a daily basis. You can of course befriend them, or even sing to them! They love music so much… Take good care of them. These cows are fed from the grass and don’t require you to feed them daily.
- Sheep : the sheep provide wool on a weekly basis that you can either sell or transform into a yarn basket (Nifty Knitting). They are so soft and cute, it’s hard not to hug them. These sheep are fed from the grass and don’t require you to feed them daily.
- Rabbits : they are so tiny but SO cute! The little bunnies hop around their field happily, hunting for… chocolate eggs!! You can collect them everyday. Open your eyes so you don’t miss them! You can also of course
- Pigs : they are my favourite animals in Farmland! You know how pigs are, they love to roll over in mud, they just LOVE it! And that’s a good thing because the soil in Eden Hills is very special… It’s made of clay! So you can collect the clay sticking on their body by brushing them, and craft little clay sculptures with it! Children are going to love this at the Farmer’s Market!
- Chickens : the chickens need to be fed every day! That is quite an important task to complete in order to collect their eggs. Why is it so important? Because I heard they can lay GOLDEN EGGS sometimes? Mmmmhh… Hello?? I want to be an eggillionaire! Also toddlers and kids love to confess their secrets and play around chickens. They are… soothing I guess?
- Fish-farm : you can create a fish-farm in one of those pieces of land! Purchase or add yourself different fish species in the special ponds (up to 5 per pond). And come back anytime to fish and collect even more of them!
- Bee-farm : you already know the bees from the Sims 4 Seasons? Well now you can set up a colourful bee-farm in just one click! Sell your honey alongside your harvested produce at the farmer’s market! People love it!
- Ducks : Ducks behave a lot like chickens in Eden Hills. Once they are comfortable in their pond, they like to lay eggs in their little coop. Do they lay golden eggs? I don’t think so but the rumour says it could be something even more precious… Maybe you will find out yourself.
- Horses : Horses don’t have a produce to collect. But they are very loyal friends and of course, a wonderful natural vehicle! You can hop on their back and go for a walk around the world. It’s faster than going by foot, and it makes you look like the coolest farmer in town.
A new immersive Story Mode!
What is the Story Mode?
When you enter Eden Hills for the first time, you will have to go and meet George.
While helping you in your farming activities, he has also special missions for you to complete. Help him rebuild the iconic windmill they used to own with his wife Adele, investigate on the mysterious fire that burnt their farm a long time ago, and finally discover the secrets told in Eden Hills.
Compared to Brookheights, the Story Mode is not compulsory for you to visit/live in the world nor expand your farming activities. It’s additional content to provide more gameplay and a way to connect with George, the main character.
Easy Installation Process and Patchproof World!
There is a big difference between this project and my previous one: Brookheights.
The entire mod will hold in a single .Package file to put in your mods folder. You no longer need to replace world files and the installation process is happening in just ONE CLICK.
When you enter the world, just click on the red dot indicated and choose « Import Farmland ». (Upcoming video and PDF tutorial). And that’s it! The world will be imported!
Plus, the new world will resist against the patch updates! No need to re-install the mod after each update! (Which was quite a challenge to figure out, but it makes the mod more stable and easy to install than ever.) And finally, to uninstall the mod, just take the Farmland file out of your mods folder and voila!
And finally : when will it be out ?
The early access for my Patreon members will start on June 25th (Regarding the official Sims Team EP11, this date could change by a day or two so I would not launch the same day as the update and have time to fix possible small fixes with the patch, but nothing to worry about) Two weeks after that, it will be publicly available.
Credit : Arnie